Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Week 6: #14 Technorati

I looked at Technorati and did the comparison of the search on the phrase "Learning 2.0" in Blog Posts, Tags, and Blog Directory. The blog posts and tags brought up some hits that were alike. There were more blog posts than tags, which is understandable. The Blog Directory search on "Learning 2.0" not surprisingly brought up lots of library blogs.

A search on the Popular Blogs brought up techie blogs at the top of the list. A couple of the ones in the top ten surprised me.

The top searches included "Learning 2.0" as next to last before myspace so I could see our searching at HCPL for this exercise had an effect. Some of the popular videos sounded interesting.

I also did a search on a subject of personal interest and I can see it would be a good way to find some new blogs on a topic.

Technorati is very good to know about. I decided not to claim my blog, but I am glad to know how to enable Technorati to include a blog in searches.

No comments: