Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Future of Media #80: Movies

1. I tried to find a movie on Auteurs first, but the one I wanted to watch (a filmed concert of Louis Armstrong and other jazz singers in 1958), could not be watched for some reason. I didn't find another movie on Auteurs that I wanted to watch that didn't have a fee attached, so I switched to Hulu. I started watching Shades of Ray. It was cute and I wouldn't mind watching it at home. I would still prefer to watch films on the television rather than the computer, but it is good to know about these free movies.

2. I watched a trailer for a documentary called 'Prodigal Sons' on Apple Trailers. It looks like a very good film and I want to look for it when it is at theaters starting on February 26. I would like to use this site in the future to keep up with current films.

3. At this time, I wouldn't consider using the fee-based services to get movies that I want at home, because I don't have that much time to watch movies and I can get some of what I want through HCPL. Netflex sounds interesting and I would probably look into it if I had more time to watch movies.

No comments: